20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Rafting with Performance Tours
1. Performance Tours Rafting began in 1986. We celebrate 30 years of making memories on the river this year.
2. The company was started by Kevin & Mary Jo Foley in Breckenridge, CO in 1986.
3. The Foleys still run day to day operations to this day, and live in Summit County year round.
4. Some of our staff, locals and past guests lovingly refer to us as ‘PT’.
5. Performance Tours operates on the Arkansas River, Blue River, Clear Creek & the Upper Colorado.
6. We have two offices on the Arkansas River; one in Buena Vista and another in Canon City.
7. We have offices in Breckenridge and Frisco as well.
8. Buena Vista Rafting Trips: Browns Canyon, Mild & Scenic, Numbers & Narrows
9. Canon City Rafting Trips: Royal Gorge, Bighorn Sheep Canyon
10. Frisco Rafting Trips: Blue River, Upper Colorado, and Clear Creek.
11. We also have an informational office in Breckenridge – stop in while strolling down Main Street and we’ll answer all your whitewater questions.
12. The Arkansas River is one of America’s Top Whitewater Rafting destinations – and for good reason!
13. If you can’t make it to the Arkansas River, the Blue River is a convenient class 3 trip option in Summit County.
14. Performance Tours Rafting staff would love to recommend the perfect rafting trip for you and your group, or you can check out our handy trip comparison chart.
15. We offer significant group discounts, and every 14th person rafts free!
16. Speaking of discounts, we also offer whitewater specials for military personnel and their families, boy & girl scouts, and a rotating list of specials you can find here.
17. Performance Tours Rafting exceeds the State of Colorado’s requirements for guides by doubling the minimum number of training hours.
18. You’re invited to join us on our patio in Buena Vista at the base of Mt. Princeton for a game of cornhole after rafting the Upper Arkansas River.
19. We’ve got the best staff and guides around – some of which have been with the company for decades, like our Operations Manager Jim, and our Office Manager Ellen.
20. Still not convinced to join us on the river? Give us a chance to convince you to jump in our boats! 1.800.328.7238